Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Every Dog Needs a Nickname


All the dogs who stay here, end up leaving with a nickname. :-)  I'm silly like that. I like to talk to them in a sing-song voice, and I always end up calling them something silly. Sometimes it's based on their personality and sometimes it's just a word play with their name. Here are a few of the dogs and the nicknames I gave them.

Right now we have a Mastiff named Choca staying with us.
 I call him "Chaka Kahn"  haha!  I have been humming "Ain't Nobody" ever since he arrived. 


Millie
 I called "Miss Piggy" because she had this round belly that looked like a fleshy pink pig belly. She also would walk around sniffing and grunting. In her sleep she would snore and grunt.

Vern the greyhound. She is so big that I joke that it feels like we are boarding a horse.
So I called her "Mrs. Ed"   haha!

Then Piper
 "Hyper Piper"

..and Hailey
 also known as "Happy Hailey"

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I assume Millie is a Beagle - our last beagle was overweight, and she grunted and made piggy noises too. We called her piglet.
    Our dogs have TONS of nicknames. I agree they all have to have one!
    Lucy = lucy goosie, punky brewster, punkin, wooshie (that's what our 3 yr old nephew calls her)
    Gus= Gusto (TONS of energy), guster, gussy, gussy-wussy, and other people call him Gus-Gus (I think it's a Cinderella reference?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I called her piglet too!!! LOL!
    I like to sing them songs too. I can't imagine the names and songs my poor children will have one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete